Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Idea Blog (2-17-10): Printing & Rethinking Semester 1 Project

Right now, my method of doing things is working (on the only days I have off, Friday & Saturday) to shoot what my present idea on the idea blog is.

Since I am dealing with a natural subject and a natural concept, it would make sense to shoot it in a natural way and avoid "dressing it up" with filters, etc. However, I feel like shooting in 4x5 makes the viewer pay more attention. Something about the color and mood that the large format film gives is something that I think will be playing a large part in my final product.

With that being said, I want to go back to focusing on the tree's facing the death penalty. With permission from the city, I want to see if I can own the stumps. Or, when they cut them, if I could have a sliver of it. I want it to be what's remembered, I want it to be in the gallery space and I want it to act as its own tombstone. Therefore, I want to create sculptures, because not only do I love photography, but environmental art and basic construction are things I have a huge passion for. Here is an illustration that can speak better than I can about what I'm thinking (I never said I was an illustrator):


Kind-of revisiting a former project that I loved creating. But, better control over the substance. Also, since real wood is more porous, I will have to really do A LOT of test runs...Here is that project, well, a very small part of it where you can see the materials used. Unfortunately, my scanner isn't very good and the whole stump doesn't fit on top of it.


0 comments:

Post a Comment